Weekly update from Sibiu...
Hello, friends! In honour of those of you who are devoted fans of this blog (a big shout-out to my girl Lind-Z over there in C-Town! Woo!), I have decided to finally update you all on my activities. I've been incredibly busy with meetings and documents, and each day, my cohorts and I compile a list of what we did each day for our weekly report -- we're always surprised by what we actually got accomplished, even if it feels like you've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But we survive.
The nice thing is that some of our projects are coming together nicely. I think I may have
mentioned that we are working on a postcard-creating campaign with Romanian children called "Greetings from Romania." It's a fun little project, USAID loves it, and it should hopefully generate good press for the Romanian tourism industry. I am trying to set up tables at two local events in Sibiu this weekend and am desperately seeking volunteers. Anyone out there speak Romanian? But, I think one or two of the guys in Bucharest might be able to come up and help; it'll be fun if they do. For those of you who didn't know I had creative talents and skills, here's my example entry I drew for the poster: Surpised? Yeah, I thought so. But I think I'm going to put my creative skills on hold and concentrate on some other of my talents for a while...
That's all for now, I think. For those of you who love pictures and want to see me, here's a photo from a few weeks ago, taken by Alan of us in Sighisoara. We had just climbed to the top of the city, through a dark, wooden staircase that led up about 10-15 stories to the Evangelical cathedral on the hill. Part of the newer town and mountains are in the background. We were exhausted and sweating like pigs as it was in the upper 90's that week. Ugh. Amit, another volunteer who is still based in Bucharest, is on my right. Cristi, who is my cohort here in Sibiu, is on my left.
The nice thing is that some of our projects are coming together nicely. I think I may have
mentioned that we are working on a postcard-creating campaign with Romanian children called "Greetings from Romania." It's a fun little project, USAID loves it, and it should hopefully generate good press for the Romanian tourism industry. I am trying to set up tables at two local events in Sibiu this weekend and am desperately seeking volunteers. Anyone out there speak Romanian? But, I think one or two of the guys in Bucharest might be able to come up and help; it'll be fun if they do. For those of you who didn't know I had creative talents and skills, here's my example entry I drew for the poster: Surpised? Yeah, I thought so. But I think I'm going to put my creative skills on hold and concentrate on some other of my talents for a while...
That's all for now, I think. For those of you who love pictures and want to see me, here's a photo from a few weeks ago, taken by Alan of us in Sighisoara. We had just climbed to the top of the city, through a dark, wooden staircase that led up about 10-15 stories to the Evangelical cathedral on the hill. Part of the newer town and mountains are in the background. We were exhausted and sweating like pigs as it was in the upper 90's that week. Ugh. Amit, another volunteer who is still based in Bucharest, is on my right. Cristi, who is my cohort here in Sibiu, is on my left.

1 Comments:
Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home